Sunday 28 February 2016

2016 Oscar Predictions: Who will probably win and who should?

Excited for tonight 88th Academy Awards?

I'm happy to say I've seen all main movies so here are my predictions, toughts and wishes...

Best Picture 
The Big Short
Bridge Of Spies
Brooklyn
Mad Max: Fury Road
The Martian
The Revenant
Room
Spotlight

Who will probably win? I think it is between The Revenant and Mad Max: Fury Road. Maybe (not likely but maybe) even Spotlight can surprise? Anyone else would be a surprise.
Who should win? Honestly last year no movie was that impressive when I think of the 'whole package'. I personally loved Brooklyn and Bridge Of Spies. The Revenant was amazing on some levels but script was kind of misssing and it's important to me.
WTF? Where is Trumbo? It was crazy good in every way! Totally overlooked!



Best Actor
Bryan Cranston, Trumbo
Matt Damon, The Martian
Leonardo DiCaprio, The Revenant
Micheal Fassbender, Jobs
Eddie Redmayne, The Danish Girl

Who will probably win? Leonardo DiCaprio
Who should win? Without a doubt Leo (fingers crossed)! It's time The Academy stops ignoring him.
WTF? Matt and Michaeal were good but for me not outstanding. Where are Idris Elba (Beasts of No Nation), Johnny Depp (Black Mass), Will Smith (Concussion) and especially Jacob Tremblay (Room)?


Best Actress
Cate Blanchett, Carol
Brie Larson, Room
Jennifer Lawrence, Joy
Charlotte Rampling, 45 Years
Sioarse Ronan, Brooklyn

Who will probably win? Brie Larson
Who should win? Sioarse Ronan for me was breathtaking but Brie had more powerful role and will win. Don't get me wrong, she was great and I'm happy.
WTF? I can't and will never understand why Alicia Vikander is not nominated for lead role?! Charlotte was also amazing. This time Cate and Jennifer were not that convincing. I would nominate Helen Mirren for Woman in Gold and Lily Tomlin for Grandma.


Directing
The Big Short, Adam McKay
Mad Max: Fury Road, George Miller
The Revenant, Alejandro González Iñárritu
Room, Lenny Abrahamson
Spotlight, Tom McCarthy

Who will probably win? Alejandro González Iñárritu or George Miller
Who should win? Alejandro González Iñárritu
WTF? Where are Ridley Scott (The Martian) and Steven Spielberg (Bridge of Spies)? Doesn't make any sense...


Best Supporting Actor
Christian Bale, The Big Short
Tom Hardy, The Revenant
Mark Ruffalo, Spotlight
Mark Rylance, Bridge of Spies
Sylvester Stallone, Creed

Who will probably win? Sylvester Stallone or maybe even Tom Hardy.
Who should win? Mark Rylance was by faaaar my favorite!
WTF? Except Mark Rylance for me this year's supporting performances were good but not 'waw'. I would love to see Jason Mitchell for Straight Outta Compton and Benicio Del Toro for Sicario here.


Best Supporting Actress
Jennifer Jason Leigh, The Hateful Eight
Rooney Mara, Carol
Rachel McAdams, Spotlight
Alicia Vikander, The Danish Girl
Kate Winslet, Jobs

Who will probably win? Alicia Vikander or Kate Winslet.
Who should win? Like I said, Alicia was a lead for me and she was amazing. I think she should win more than Kate.
WTF? Is it just me or Rooney Mara was not that impressive? I would replace her with Charlize Theron in Mad Max: Fury Road.



Animated Feature Film
Anomalisa
Boy And The World
Inside Out
Shaun The Sheep Movie
When Marnie Was There

Who will probably win? Inside Out
Who should win? Inside Out didn't convince me emotionally but it had very creative concept.
WTF? Commercial or not, Minions shoud be here!


Adapted Screenplay
The Big Short
Brooklyn
Carol
Martian
Room

Who will probably win? The Big Short
Who should win? The Big Short
WTF? Where is Aaron Sorkin for Steve Jobs?



Original Screenplay
Bridge Of Spies
Ex Machina
Inside Out
Spotlight
Straight Outta Compton

Who will probably win? Spotlight
Who should win? Bridge Of Spies



Will you watch the show? Who are you rooting for?
All nominees here.

No comments:

Post a Comment